Monday, June 10, 2013

"Morning Meditation"

When I was young,
My curiosities wandered
From the realm of God
Which could have been my downfall,
But God saved my desperate life
With miracles repeated.
I explored the darkness,
And I ignored the Truth,
And the gnawing pain inside me
Fiercely grew and grew.
And when I fell into the depths,
Of this deep pit of angst,
And the bottom came crashing toward me...

And hand of light held me tight.
And so my heart was softly cradled
And mercifully forgiven,
And God began to speak to me,
And I began to listen.
Slowly, ministry took my heart,
And my curiosities flourished,
But now my quest lies in his words,
His teachings and life lessons.
Closer to the truth I march,
My life renewed with spirit.
God was patient;
God was kind,
And through his mercy saved me.
With this second chance,
And by the grace of God,
I begin my life afresh,
My path becoming clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment